HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.2 (Dual-Boot) by mo123
Download Link: Here
Linux Login Password: nagrace ( Choose user hph and Lubuntu session(default))
1. Before Installation
– Make sure USB Power saving mode is disabled for the USB Port you use to flash the device
– Pause Antivirus software for 10 minutes to not interfere with the flashing or cause high disk usage and don’t use your PC for other tasks while flashing
– Use a PC Back USB Port and not ones from the front or a laptop
– Make sure device was connected to PC before in flash mode and drivers were installed
2. To Install the drivers
1. If flashing for the first time, you need to install the drivers with DriverInstall.exe
2. If you recently upgraded your operating system to Windows 8.1 or higher, it’s also a good idea to install the latest drivers.
3. Let your PC recognize the device and automatically install the drivers
– Connect device with OTG Port and cable to PC
– Now connect the power adapter
– Before plugging the power adapter into the device, hold a paperclip into the reset hole of the device, keep holding it while connecting the power
You will hear a ‘click sound’ that Windows has now recognized the USB device.
– It will ask to install the drivers or install it automatically.
3. Flashing the ROM
1. Select ‘Upgrade Firmware’ in AndroidTool v2.35(Second tab)
2. Click on the ‘Firmware’ button to load the firmware(update.img that you extracted from the 7zip compressed file)
3. Click ‘EraseFlash’ to wipe your device, wait for it to finish.
4. Click ‘Upgrade’ to flash the new firmware.
5. Wait about 2 minutes after flashing and before unplugging device for firmware to settle.
6. Disconnect from PC and connect to TV.
UGOOS also set up a very nice guide to flash Rockchip devices here if more help is needed.
Correct Pass-Through Settings
-Resolution is set on AUTO
-Framerate sync ENABLED(might not be available)
-Color space is set on AUTO(might not be available)
-Audio – Set to HDMI Bitstream not Default
-Playback – Adjust display refresh rate – Always
-Pause during refresh rate change – 11 seconds
-Sync playback to display – On
-Acceleration – Allow hardware acceleration MediaCodec – On
-Allow hardware acceleration RockchipCodec – On
-System – Audio output – Play GUI sounds – Never
-Enable pass-through – On
-DD/DD+/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD – On