Lenovo S820 Update to the Latest ROW Firmware S820_S221 4Gb and 8Gb – This guide can be use to update Lenovo S820 4Gb or 8Gb with ROW version firmware. This is the latest update can be found on the net also can be obtain with OTA on S820_S220 ROW version firmware. This guide will show you how to update your device using flash tool method, this method don’t required internet connection but it lot safer if you use OTA update. Even this guide for Lenovo S820, it also has possibility to brick your device and make you lost your IMEI or data, so please do backup preparations first before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S820_ROW_S221_140730
- Date : 30-07-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Language : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- ROOT : No
- S820_ROW_S221_4GB_140730 ↦ 715 Mb, contains all images file to upgrade your Lenovo S820 to the latest firmware, only for 4Gb
- S820_ROW_S221_8GB_140730 ↦ 710 Mb, contains all images file to upgrade your Lenovo S820 to the latest firmware, only for 8Gb
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ this is optional download, flash tool already include on ROM download.
- Download all required files to upgrade your Lenovo S820, first please make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer, without it flash tool will not recognize any device connected.
- Extract downloaded ROM, you will got 2 folders target_bin and flash_tool folder. Go to falsh_tool folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 or later please run it with administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download make sure DA DL All with Checksum options already checked, if not please check this option.
- Press [x] to close and back to flash tool, click Scatter-Loading button and point it totarget_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this action will load all images file on the target_bin to flash tool, change Download Only on download option (2) become Firmware Upgrade.
- Finish configure flash tools, press Download button or hit CTRL+D. Flash tool will begin to initialize and become stand by mode, waiting to connect with your device.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, connect your device when you are ready. If USB VCOM driver installed properly then flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. Flashing process will take 5-6 minutes to finish, When you see there is GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean you flashing process already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, you can disconnect your device and try to boot to your home screen. Confirm that you already success update your Lenovo S820 with the latest version, go to System Settings ↦ About Phone and make sure it has same version with the downloaded ROM.